Care and Maintenance
Care and Maintenance
- Do not clean the coat surface for at least 7 days for automotive applications and 30 days for all other applications after the coating. This is to ensure that the adhesive completely bonds to the window. Do not roll
your tinted windows down until dry!
- Window film may be cleaned with a soft clean cloth and alcohol based cleaner or plain water. Ammonia products should not be used. A clean soft cloth or high-quality paper towel is recommended for cleaning the window tint,
followed by another clean soft cloth or soft rubber squeegee for drying. Do not use abrasive materials to clean your film. Avoid using bristle brushes, abrasive scrubbing sponges or any other cleaning materials that could
scratch the film.
- Put stickers someplace else. Never use adhesives or suction cups to put anything on your tinted car windows. Leave the bumper stickers for your bumper.
- Take care when loading boxes and other items into your car. Hitting the tinted window will cause nicks. Caution should be used when releasing seat belts. Small chips can be made in the window film due to the seat belt hitting the glass as it is released, THIS IS NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY.
- Most cars have a black ceramic ‘frit’ edge on the rear window. Sometimes this ceramic edge is straight and flat, sometimes it will have a dotted edge. These black ceramic dots are quite thick on most cars and prevent the
window film from sticking to the area between the dots.
DO NOT PICK THE EDGES OF THE COATING. This may cause de laminating or peeling.
- Your authorized dealer will install your window film using a specially formulated mounting solution. During the installation process, your dealer will remove as much of the mounting solution as possible although a small
amount will remain. Trapped installation moisture can cause small water bubbles and/or a slightly cloudy look, this is normal and should be expected
and can take up to 4 to 10 weeks to completely dry out. Do not attempt to pierce a water bubble during the drying period. Water bubbles and a cloudy look will eventually dissipate. Attempting to pierce a water bubble in an
effort to drain moisture will damage your film.
- Do not switch on the rear screen demister for at least 2 weeks after theinstallation.